Sunday, June 30, 2013

Book Sales


There is nothing I love more than driving by a store and seeing an upcoming sale. I love to watch even thrift store signs... "next Friday we'll be offering 25% off all merchandise". IT IS FOR THE BOOKS!!!


I adore seeing the signs on our local library about upcoming sales! Because there is nothing I love more than to stock up on as many books as I can get my hands on to expand the minds of my children. I would be in heaven if I had a continual flow of books for them to read. I love reading out loud to them, articulating my voice for the characters, but more so when their daddy reads to them. My husband and his boys have a personal thing involving the book, "Where the Sidewalk Ends".


Friends of the Library Book Store
440 Elkhorn Blvd., Ste 7, Rio Linda
Friday-Saturday, 1-6pm
http://www.facebook.com/TheFriendsOfTheLibraryStore


I wish the library had added more opportunities over time to have more book sales. I've found over the years they've gone from every other month to every three months. Than you have to compete for books you'd like to read and for pleasure with those scanning to find books they can re-sale. I've this past year started to attend even less book sales just due to the fact it isn't worth being stepped on as they try and get to books faster than you can move out of their way. The last book sale I attended a woman holding a smart phone scanning books above my head literally stepped me on.


On a positive note... we keep our bookshelves stocked! I have found picking books up sporadically at places like Costco helps. And I love how Costco seems to be geared towards education like we are. If I can keep my children ahead of the curve, it is worth spending a few extra dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment