Friday, July 26, 2013

Catch Up


I have two of the most amazing children... sorry I haven't posted as much as I would like but we've been busy "living life" instead of just existing.
 
I guess I should play catch up?
 
Fourth of July was pretty low key... we hit Old Sacramento! We were accompanied by many others. It was kind of nice to watch the fire works reflect off the river, see those in boats gathered in, and even more crowded the docks.


We went to the State Fair, which was a huge let down this year. I can understand why the numbers were down (wasn't crowded and over heard another person state they went on a Friday and so dead they had no lines for rides). Most was based on Michael Jackson, and the rides from his actual collection. I wish I had saved the time and money and stayed home. On a positive note we did learn about "Fridgets"!



Our seven-year-old son has always been creative, not just highly intelligent. He's been making videos with his new tablet (got it this week, Tabeo proved to be junk and break down too much). Basically, he's addicted to Angry birds (yes, still), been watching Youtube videos others made with toys, and than making his own. I guess at some point he found Magisto through the app store and has in such a short time been making his own videos. He's writing scripts for his little brother to act out while he basically films. I guess I should just be thankful he's eating up the memory on his tablet and hasn't uploaded anything through my account (set up on his tablet). We've even watched his videos using the minions from Despicable Me 2 toys (with Psy music, Gangnam style).



The spraygrounds haven't been as appealing as years past. I have had to bribe them with slurpies just to get them outside. This year the boys are more interested in the pool. They prefer to use the water squirters and pool toys (they swim to bottom to retrieve). They would much more prefer creating a bunker in their bedroom to indulge in their tablets. They don't even have as much interest in their videogame systems or television. Considering the introduction to this year's summer vacation it is perfectly understandable.



......................................

I almost forgot... Despicable Me 2 was well worth the trip to the theatre!!! It is one we'll be snagging when it hits DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment