Wednesday, July 31, 2013

~*Mmmm*~... Processed Dinner

 

~*Cute*~...hot dogs with spaghetti drawn through the middle. Kosher of course but I'm sure the butter to prevent the noodles from sticking wasn't the healthiest of ideas. I was lucky enough to find this on a site that has many other adorable things (I plan to do with our children as well).


 
The second thing added to the boys plate was more so adults can eat. It has the processed meat, celery, kidney beans, bell peppers, with fresh minced garlic and Cheyenne pepper over plain rice.

 
I wish I could say that I am frustrated by the fact that our boys have completely different tastes in food. The reality is, it is kind of nice to find ways to make them all happy! We still have nights when we are pressed for time and I have to make deals (such as eating a certain portion or at least the meat). No matter what is made one is always unhappy or dislikes it. Our Anthony loves spicy foods and spaghetti. Our Tyler loves his mushrooms, cream sauces, and cheese. Or how one child loves eggs and fish and the other would rather starve than eat them. The biggest thing I face is creating balance for both so they don't loose key nutrients (and why we add vitamins with dinner, multi, Omega, and Calcium).




Tonight isn't much different than most other nights... I only posted this because I have been so busy I've not had the time to sit down and actually share insight. So, before the world sees me as the annoying person to the table beside you, posting Facebook and Twitter pics of food we're about to consume... I just thought the idea with hot dogs and spaghetti strung through was endearing! I hope when my children are grown they take from memories like tonight. They are reminded of times mommy drove all over town (from store to store) to find a specific item they wanted... or how daddy sacrifices for them as well. But mostly that we have been trying to make sure they had a happy childhood (even if they came from quirky parents).
 
FYI: We rarely have much less cook hot dogs, so to find an innovative thing like this or the octopus hot dogs is kind of fun. Some day I plan to let them try bologna. I have found childhood memories of Frito chips (or peanut butter and bologna).

No comments:

Post a Comment